News updates 8 January 2014! Happy New Year!
- The next Speak Up Storytelling KC will be at Prospero’s Uptown on January 23rd. Our theme is Endings and Beginnings. Please join us!
- I will be performing Fairy Tales for Grown-ups, a selection of sexy, unsettling and unexpected stories based on classic fairy tales at the Uptown Arts Bar (Kansas City) on February 8.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I will be teaching and performing at both Sharing the Fire: Northeast Storytelling Conference (March 28-30, Amherst, MA) and the Northlands Storytelling conference (April 25-27 in Lake Geneva, WI). I look forward to seeing you!
- Have you checked out my blog lately? Lots of great storytelling content here.
- I had the pleasure of recently being interviewed by Brother John and Lady Knene on Legacy Alive, Testify: Overcoming by the Power of Story. It was a lovely time. We spoke about storytelling, what it means to be a cancer survivor and my biking experience. You can see the Legacy Alive page here and hear my interview here (hear here!). There are quite a few great interviews on the Legacy Alive page, I’d urge you to check them out.
- I had a great time in the 2013 Stories Connect Us All online storytelling festival. You can see my video here. There was a lovely write-up on me in the Kansas City Star here.
Back to your regularly scheduled content.
You’re looking for just the right performance at your next event. You just went to a storytelling concert and want to learn how to do that. You’re an experienced performer looking to deepen your telling. You think storytelling could bring new perspectives to your craft or organization. You need a document that shines and connects your readers to your topic.
Laura Packer is a dynamic storyteller, a thoughtful coach, an experienced teacher and a skilled writer. She understands how stories infuse our lives, our organizations and our products. She can help you make story a more vital part of your life.